PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 11th Jul 2020, 12:22
delorean79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you guys get a room?

This thread is about the latest developments regarding redundancies in Emirates and rumours about what it is to come.

I'm not interested in who is right or wrong about the 'pressing 2' subject, because both are right and both are wrong. That's what happens when you generalize. There were people unjustly made redundant because of their real sickness. The cancer example makes my blood boil. Cabin crew have ongoing pregnancies examples too.
And there were people with a target on their backs because of their unfair use of the sickness self reporting procedure. Some just used it sparingly to avoid this or that instructor on a PPC, or a command upgrade SIM or flight, others used it to avoid undesired destinations. Others to 'manage the roster' if they felt that they were flying too much. Others for parties or to attend concerts and similar. Some for all of the above. Were they the majority? I don't know. I prefer to think that they weren't but I'm not sure.

Do I think that they deserved to be made redundant for that? Hell no, except for the 'all of the above' kind of guy or the abusers. It's not fair for the rest. But these kind people exist in every organization. There's people that choose to use all tricks, fair or unfair, to their advantage, and they don't care about the one that is called at 3 in the morning to report for a Shanghai, Kabul a Lusaka-Harare or a 4 am PPC or Command Upgrade LOE. I was the one they called in 'all of the above' kind of cases. But that is not the subject of this topic. We can open another thread to discuss about it, and you can imagine in which side of the discussion you'll find me at.