PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farewell Events
Thread: Farewell Events
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2020, 08:46
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blow.n.gasket
Glad to see I’m not the only one seeing an overt Orwellian overtone connection with this “appointment on merit” !
AIPA took the company on (in court) when the A380 F/O RIN happened in 2016. AIPA lost and the court confirmed that Qantas can appoint whoever they like to SVY positions. Perhaps we should be grateful that thus far it’s only ever been in rank.

Originally Posted by blow.n.gasket
Will be interesting to see where the “ topic of conversation “ manages to weasel his way post 747 ,(787 command SYD?) now that his ,747 2 engine taxying senior Management Patron is no longer in a position to “galvanise “ opinion !
Do you reckon Owen would have retained his management position for the last decade if he wasn’t delivering? If Qantas choose to put him on the 787 then good luck to him. Seriously, let it go!

Angry, we’ll have to agree to disagree but I suspect you already knew that. Sartori, Ford(s) as well as other A380 TREs, A380 TFOs, 787 trainers, current A330 management pilots, are all times it’s occurred... probably a bunch I’ve missed. You’re right though, it seems it’s never been about the principle, it was about some of us being demoted at the same time as Owen got the 747 job. That sounds more like tall poppy syndrome.