PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 11th Jul 2020, 07:29
Capn Rex Havoc

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Glo- no one has said anything about not keeping Locals employed.
146 -
I can assure you, I have immense empathy with everyone who has been terminated as this has happened to me twice already.
Here is the fundamental difference that makes this whole UAE situation so untenable - When you were terminated twice before - I assume that was in your home country. Tis a verrrrrrry big difference to be terminated thousands of miles away in a foreign country after making here your home for decades. Kids have to be uprooted from school, families uprooted from homes, cars sold, etc. DEVASTATING. In your home country if you are made redundant, you can go on some sort of social benefit, your kids can stay in school, and you can stay in your home. When Middle East airlines hire expats, they do it to financially benefit their country, using the expertise that their home country cannot supply, expats are an essential service. So when they go through a rocky patch - they should have exercised EVERY OTHER avenue prior to going down the redundancy path. Period. I'm sorry, but the Bus Conductor's actions may well have just destroyed the airline.