PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 11th Jul 2020, 04:34
14 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donpizmeov
No not very clear at all. HR have been handing out warnings and cautions to pilots over sickness for years. This has nothing to do with the 2 pushers, but everything to do with weak ineffective flight ops management, and an empire building HR department. Even when a pilots Licence is suspended due to medical, and during that time he worked in the office etc, he is seen as being non productive, and given a caution. If he were an office dweller, having the same condition, and doing the same office job our grounded pilot was, he would be good to go. It's a totally biased and not thought out system. But when the computer says you get a caution you get a caution, with no human intervention. To think that someone just recovering from a heart condition or cancer will be called into the office on a day off to be “supported” by fleet i.e. given a caution letter is surreal.

Have some empathy. Families are hurting at the moment. Keep your guesswork to yourself. They are struggling to understand what and why this has happened to them. Your muddying the waters is not helping.

To the fragile new millennial, you are correct. The HR lady involved was one of you as well. This boomer thinks you are very perceptive.
I can assure you, I have immense empathy with everyone who has been terminated as this has happened to me twice already. It makes me sick to my stomach to hear that real sick or people who have recovered from real illness are being treated like this.

However, this is not what I am talking about. I am perplexed by the fact that you keep steering the point I am making in another direction. Do you deny that people have been advocating the pressing of 2 without being sick? Over the years I have heard this “advice” many times and obviously the higher ups also. Do you really think they were just going to let it go? No, they became very sensitive to the health issue and I have seen various policies being implemented over time to discourage this practice. High flying hours, like we have been logging for the last decade brings with it real health issues. By pressing 2 without being really sick, people were adding unnecessary “data” to a data driven system. Do you really think this would not have any consequences? It is like the over prescription of antibiotics. If you take an antibiotic for a minor ailment, nothing immediately bad happens to you, but it has dire consequences for someone with a real bacterial infection somewhere down the line due to the unnecessary over usage of a good thing.

This is not muddying the waters. This is to tell healthy people to think twice before using #2 as a roster enhancement tool and allow people who are really sick the opportunity to use it as intended.

If you still do not understand, I apologise, but maybe someone else will.