PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 10th Jul 2020, 22:40
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 14 6
P

Are you not the guy who’s native tongue is English? I included my last sentence just for guys like you!

I will say it again, I am not talking about real sickness. I am talking about people constantly saying they will press 2 every time they think of “punishing“ the company or don’t like their roster. Obviously the powers that be have cotton on to this and now many innocent people who have suffered real illness have to pay for it.

I hope this makes it more clear.
No not very clear at all. HR have been handing out warnings and cautions to pilots over sickness for years. This has nothing to do with the 2 pushers, but everything to do with weak ineffective flight ops management, and an empire building HR department. Even when a pilots Licence is suspended due to medical, and during that time he worked in the office etc, he is seen as being non productive, and given a caution. If he were an office dweller, having the same condition, and doing the same office job our grounded pilot was, he would be good to go. It's a totally biased and not thought out system. But when the computer says you get a caution you get a caution, with no human intervention. To think that someone just recovering from a heart condition or cancer will be called into the office on a day off to be “supported” by fleet i.e. given a caution letter is surreal.

Have some empathy. Families are hurting at the moment. Keep your guesswork to yourself. They are struggling to understand what and why this has happened to them. Your muddying the waters is not helping.

To the fragile new millennial, you are correct. The HR lady involved was one of you as well. This boomer thinks you are very perceptive.