PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Battle of Britain: 3 Days That Saved the Nation - Channel 5 UK, Tues 7th July, 9pm
Old 10th Jul 2020, 15:50
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
confusing i thought

Originally Posted by Herod
Don't forget, most of us on here know more about it than Joe Public. But the programme wasn't made for us. If it brings an appreciation of the history and sacrifice before a new, and younger, audience, the programme has done its job.
Well at least the 'Warbird Brigade' got some work out of it. Not sure what audience this was for as you got all sorts of items like a Hurricane attacking a Blenheim which may have confused those that had little knowledge beforehand. No doubt DS has his fan club but I do not find the style in keeping with the subject. Plenty of scope to do a 'then and now' of certain locations that were involved, and everything looked so clean and tidy (especially the aircraft).A re-enactment of visits to the White Hart followed by the night club would have been quite appropriate if they wanted to go for reality. Of course these programs are largely in the hands of researchers who just use computers, but at least we did not get a squadron of Miles Masters going off, and they used pretty accurate Lloyd Loom chairs this time. Not a hit with me as Kenley missed out.

'REPEAT PLEASE REPEAT PLEASE' Always like that bit in 'The Film' whether it actually happened or not it captured the spirit of the Poles who just wanted to kill Germans.

addA

Last edited by POBJOY; 11th Jul 2020 at 07:42. Reason: Content