PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2020, 14:13
paully

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
You have to be pretty selfish, nae reckless, to even consider flying with a new cough or fever at the moment, but many of the affected are asymptomatic so could be spreading the virus innocently.

I'm presently in Germany where the laws are very clear on mouth and nose coverings, and frankly, wearing glasses I find doing so for more than about 30minutes annoying, there's no way I could tolerate 3 or 4 hours, I doubt there are many that would. I feel sure many people must be flouting the rules once airborne, and wonder how cabin staff are actually policing that situation,.
I too wear glasses and fully concur, which is why I won`t be flying anytime soon. Like a lot of ideas the wearing of masks is a good idea in theory but doesnt work in practice, other than for short periods. I think it would be unfair to ask the cabin crew to enforce it, which on some flights could involve tense and unpleasant situations with less reasonable passengers.

As for a solution, like most people, I wouldnt know where to start. Sign of the times I suppose.