PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - multiple-instructor system or single instructor system some consideration
Old 10th Jul 2020, 14:03
FoxtrotGolfFoxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
multiple-instructor system or single instructor system some consideration

Hello Gentlemen,

I recently read a very interesting book that I bought on Amazon: "Flying in Africa" written by a great aviator, FI and founder of, probably, the most famous flying school in South Africa: Jim Davis. The book is about his life and his experiences as Aviator. I really recommend it, I found it a really pleasant book. Through its pages I learned a lot, and offered me a better comprehensions of some aspects of flying I just studied at school.
In its pages there is a sentence that made me think about the times of my training : "...with a multiple-instructor system, normally means that none of them will be really interested in your progress - you are not "their" pupe. It's like a bunch or artists all trying to paint a single masterpiece. It will be a mess, and none of them will want to put their name on it." ["Flying in Africa, True Stories (Volume 2)" by Jim Davis, Kindle Edition Pos.2807].
I always had the impression that having a single instructor is better then a multiple-instructor systems because flying errors can be easily detected and corrected during the following missions despite other negative aspects this is a big plus for a single instructor system, The training is more lets say "personal", there is much more involvement in this single instructor as Jim says .
I'm not a FI so this is just my opinion based on my experience when I was a a "pupe" aviator and I would be very happy to hear from you gentlemen, what is your opinion about the best instructing system, opinion based on your own experience when you were "pupe" or after that as FI.

I wish you a great day and looking forward to read your opinions and experiences.

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfFoxtrot; 10th Jul 2020 at 21:02.