PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot lives....yes they matter
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2020, 12:09
jetjockeyjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLM. Pilot Lives Matter.

Hello to everyone.
As a newbie fATPL holder, I always hear stories from our big brothers how the 9/11 era went worse. Nevertheless, I claim that this COVID era is already doubled 9/11 era surely. Because the aviation itself, flight schools and airlines are having an enhanced infrastructure and capacity.
Before this coronavirus, roughly I would say that there was unemployed 8000 new fATPL holders (Low hour commercial pilot with ATPL theory and IFR on multi rating) plus 1000 experienced pilots in all world (FAA+EASA+ICAO). now the final amount of all pilots who they are unemployed is about 24.000 according to my estimation which I collected all information from websites during these last 3 months. This number can be wrong but I would be so happy if someone could give a more accurate number.

Consequently, this is obvious that airline assessments will be the hardest in all time as it was never in before. Finding a job will be extremely hard for all of us who they are a newbie.
Even to find bread will be challenge for us. Finally, I can only say one thing: Pilot Lives Matter....