PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2020, 11:05
ATNotts

Received 292 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by valefan16
The mask generally protects others from you too rather than vice versa. Most airlines allow food on board, if you watch for example inflight video on youtube he went with KLM who gave food etc.

Risks are minimal, in normal times you could catch the flu or various other ailments and you don't wear masks so always a risk factor in life I guess.

To add to your point many of those 1 in 3900 would likely not be travelling because they have symptoms or are isolating due to contact tracing so the real chances are even lower.
You have to be pretty selfish, nae reckless, to even consider flying with a new cough or fever at the moment, but many of the affected are asymptomatic so could be spreading the virus innocently.

I'm presently in Germany where the laws are very clear on mouth and nose coverings, and frankly, wearing glasses I find doing so for more than about 30minutes annoying, there's no way I could tolerate 3 or 4 hours, I doubt there are many that would. I feel sure many people must be flouting the rules once airborne, and wonder how cabin staff are actually policing that situation,.