PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Battle of Britain: 3 Days That Saved the Nation - Channel 5 UK, Tues 7th July, 9pm
Old 10th Jul 2020, 08:02
beamer

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts
TBH, the programme was not designed for pilots or enthusiasts. It was rather like a glossy coffee table book full of pretty pictures but little actual content.

In some respects we in this country are our own worst enemies. We are subjugated by political correctness and lectured to constantly by revisionist commentators and 'historians'. In WW2 we apparently fought the Nazi party rather than a Germany led Axis. The Americans won Overlord on their own, Bomber Command never hit anything apart from obliterating the innocent city of Dresden. The Holocaust was a figment of our imagination and so it goes on.

I live about five miles from the battlefield at Naseby. A more pivotal battle in English history on English soil you would be hard to find other than the Norman Invasion. Go there today and there is precious little to see and if you make a comparison to Gettysberg the contrast is astonishing.

I for one have become rather fed up being told that I should be embarrassed by our history.