PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prostate cancer
Thread: Prostate cancer
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2020, 07:36
Jackjones1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was diagnosed aged 57 I encouraged work colleagues/ friends to have a PSA test ... some did some didn’t..... a couple who went to different doctors were told “ have you any symptoms “ .. no ... “ well don’t worry about having test done” ...... one work colleague/friend who eventually got tested had prostate removed at aged 52 & friend aged late 60’s had radiotherapy both now ok.

Low dose brachytherapy is the standard one with permanent seeds implanted 66 in my case but you can have a brachytherapy boost which involves radiotherapy & hormone treatment combined with the brachytherapy.

I don’t take it as bad news Loose rivets more as the case of another river to cross & I think it’s all about staying positive.

If anybody else reading this feels like they need to read up on forms of treatment etc etc the website to go to is www.prostatecancer.org ..... no offence to our colleagues across the pond but I was told don’t read about prostate cancer on American websites as you may think you won’t make it!