PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2020, 09:29
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
"If we were to encounter the same illness with the same knowledge that we have today, I think our response would land somewhere in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done," Anders Tegnell said in an interview with Swedish Radio.
Ok well I read his comments as saying there’s a better way if they encountered it again. I’ll point out he never specifically said ‘I was wrong’ but he did say ‘somewhere in between’ Sweden and the rest of the world. Not totally disregarding their approach or the rest of world.

Again, any decent government could make the same comment:
“If we were to encounter the same illness with the same knowledge that we have today”
We would do.... ???

My point with COVID vs SARS/MERS is the average mortality. If you want to go for total deaths, a bad flu season still kills more people. I’m arguing that the overbearing response of a lot of countries will not work long term. There will have to be some sort of risk vs reward discussion to decide what each individual country want. That depends on how bad they’ve got it IE; every response will be different.