PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scatsta IAC
Thread: Scatsta IAC
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2020, 09:09
SpindleBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PPI Zulu
Which bit are you highlighting as particularly 'dopey'?
I am not actually referring to your post. More to the continual messaging being sent out by Babcock to its own staff, Pilots and Engineers. The statements and continual job threats have generally been inaccurate and poor.

"Could this then disadvantage the ex-BHL pilots in some way??" - No, it couldn't!! You would have to establish a fundamentally level playing field for equally qualified and experienced staff.

"How do you know what advice was given to Babcock management by their lawyers?" - I don't. But I did take the opportunity to read up on the law, and that seemed fairly clear, so it seemed likely that lawyers had also read the same pamphlet. Considering all the 'fact' being posted here on every subject from Covid to TUPE, I assumed that everyone was similarly qualified?

Anyway, I'm not trying to antagonise. But the general messaging seems designed to be negative and reduce morale across all working groups and the industry. Lets not keep adding fuel to these dying embers with clearly unsupported opinion that TUPE doesn't apply, and even if it does, one group or another will be disadvantaged.