PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2020, 08:41
ozbiggles

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by aviation_enthus
No and No.

The Swedish government is having a review to see what can be done BETTER now they’re past the worst of it. NOT because they think they’ve done the wrong thing.

Like any sensible government should after this is over.

The Swedish mortality rate is now back to average. The UK mortality rate is also back to average.
There are studies now suggesting the UK mortality rate may actually be lower for the next 1-5 years because COVID brought some deaths forward.

Nobody likes losing their loved ones. I’m not about to volunteer mine either. But the longer this goes on, the better the information available gets.

No this is not the Flu.
But neither is it SARS or MERS.
Lets try to stick to some facts instead of the worst case ‘what if’ that’s always presented by most of the media.

ok, so he didn’t say this then?

Sweden's top epidemiologist has admitted his strategy to fight COVID-19 resulted in too many deaths, after persuading his country to avoid a strict lockdown.

"If we were to encounter the same illness with the same knowledge that we have today, I think our response would land somewhere in between what Sweden did and what the rest of the world has done," Anders Tegnell said in an interview with Swedish Radio.

But you are right when you say it is not SARS or MERS
Covid has killed a bucket Load more people than they have...And that’s the facts Jack.