PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2020, 16:58
Escape Path

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Check Airman
Well given how they acted in a normal situation, do you really want to imagine their response to a non-normal situation?
From a pure accident investigation point of view, particularly of the human performance, I’d be really interested to know what happened after the go around. But my guess, also stemming from what we know that happened before the ahem, “landing”, is that it most likely was absolute chaos. Few things produce as much sensory overload as an A320 losing all power (both engine AND electrical) and getting into emergency electrical configuration. Not to mention the fact that it was stacking up over what was already quite a messy approach and... “landing”

As vilas pointed out, whether they started the APU or not, little was going to change their fortunes; a handful of electrical things spurring back into life (in daylight VMC), but no engines and no change in flight control laws (it would remain in direct law if my knowledge doesn’t fail me) wasn’t really going to help them that much. The gear down, ironically, is what drove the final nail in the coffin