PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farewell Events
Thread: Farewell Events
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2020, 12:48
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone who has done a disposal flight understands full well the bun fight it can be behind the scenes. I suspect these farewell events are likely to be similar. It makes good sense to have Captain Weaver there to deal with that sort of stuff and leave Captains Bracewell, Buddery and Kelly (and their respective crews) to do the actual flying.

Originally Posted by blow.n.gasket
Prior to Covid , a 737 Command in Adelaide !
Wrong. Are you sure you know his seniority number? You were already wrong with the ‘600’ figure. Or are you that senior that you don’t know what is possible with a seniority number in the mid 600s?
​​​​​​
I’ve been lucky enough to know Captain Weaver since 1991. He’s a mate and a friend. Anything he has achieved in Qantas he’s done on the back of doing the grunt work (mostly behind the scenes) and being recognised for that by the Chief Pilot. He didn’t ask to go to the 747 but when you accept the King’s coin, you go where the King tells you to go. I doubt any posters here would have knocked the gig back had they been in the same position. Then again, few posters here would be prepared to do the grunt work that leads to some of the things the Chief Pilot has asked him to do. If you want to gripe about him perhaps talk to the Captain Tobiano given he’s the one that has approved everything Captain Weaver has done for the last 6+ years.

Last edited by Keg; 8th Jul 2020 at 13:00.