PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 8th Jul 2020, 06:34
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
[

Wow what a massive generalisation!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The groupthink on this site sometimes is mind blowing. I guess it makes you all feel better to have a massive pile on about pilots that dare ‘lower’ themselves to working in the sandpit.

The same c*** was spouted in Australia when the LCC’s appeared. ‘How could you lower yourselves to those T&C’s??’. (Usually said by a captain sitting pretty after 20 years in that airline)

People come here for many reasons, they also stay for many reasons. For starters stop assuming every pilot on earth comes from ‘awesome’ countries like the UK/USA. Plenty of other countries on this planet people don’t actually want to live. Who would have thought huh?!!

I’m not going to defend EK etc but I’m sick and tired of this c*** about how we all basically prostituted ourselves to come here and get a job. I came here for my own reasons, my friends stayed home. Both choices are fine. People make decisions based on the jobs available at the time. No point wasting a career dreaming about a certain job you’re never going to get.

And you can quite happily sit there and wish ‘they’ll get what’s coming to them’ about whatever company you wish. But the sad reality is, no matter what ANY COMPANY does to its staff during this time, when they start hiring again people will make their own decisions based on WHAT WORKS FOR THEM.