PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does the new NAS improve Air Safety in Australia?
Old 28th Nov 2003, 06:55
Col. Walter E. Kurtz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The silence is deafening

One of the most incredulous aspects of the new NAS and its implementation, and this is just one of MANY, is the way that the propagators and supporters of this system scatter like rats up a drain pipe whenever any probing or hard questions that require proper, fact based answers to safety concerns of the people who operate in the new airspace, whether they are professional or recreational, are asked.

I find it astounding that people like Dick Smith and Mike Smith who put in an appearance on these forums some time back thinking it would be a cakewalk and then promptly disappeared when the questions got too hard and the kitchen got too hot.

Likewise, people like Snarek, 2B1ASK1, Time Bomb Ted et al are good at making sarcastic and unconstructive commentsand masking their lack of supportive ideas by treating professional aviators with arrogance and dersion, yet where are the safety facts?

Your silence on this subject matter - the benefits to safety brought about by the NAS - is deafening.

The excuse of 'why speak to people who don't want to listen' is a convenient one to hide behind, but I can assure you that I for one would like to hear the positive safety benefits, just in case I missed something, or there is something I am not considering. I am sure that there are others with the same idea.

As it states on the licence, flying is a 'privelege' not a right. If you can't handle flying in CTA, using the radio correctly and operating your aircraft without requiring the whole system to be effectively 'dumbed down' to the point that safety becomes comprimised, well you shouldn't expect everyone else to carry the can, risk wise.

Still,we all await to hear from the supporters of the NAS, how safety is improved under the new system.

Supporters of NAS, the soap box is all yours...........let's hear it.

PS Edited for brevity

Last edited by Col. Walter E. Kurtz; 28th Nov 2003 at 07:34.