PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2020, 23:26
chazwazza14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blubak
I agree the hotel security could definitely have been handled better but 1 person(as in andrews) cant be in every part of the state every minute of the day,the actual guards are the ones who have most to answer for & the companies they work for.
Its very easy to criticise but remember its not the premier or anyone else in his government thats out there & not adhering to the rules,its members of the community continuing to ignore what theyre being asked to do.
And before you ask,NO I DIDNT VOTE FOR HIM.
I believe the point is that Dan Andrews put these security companies in place to take care of the quarantine. Every other state has used police (local or federal) or the defence force, along side health and border staff. Dan used a contractor, who then used a sub contractor, so there is no accountability. When there is no accountability, you have people who don’t care, you have people that have less training, and this leads the breaks in protocol. So it falls back on Dan and his decision to use his union backed security companies, instead of government employees.