PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2020, 16:48
sportzbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twinboom
The time frame is longer than that. Jet2Holidays have cancelled ours to Malta dep. 24th.Sept. ex BFS. Malta is accepting visitors from the UK, and is not on the UK's inbound quarantine list. We would jhave still liked to go,, the self catering apartment hasn't run away - and there are possible routings BFS-LGW-MLA with Easy and BHD-LHR-MLA withBA/Air Malta. Jet2Hols rejected my assertion that as Jet2, the scheduled airline, have cancelled the flights they are obliged to offer an alternative routing if available. I had already established that there now appear to be no Jet2 flights to MLA from any of their UK bases until late October - and then only from MAN and STN. Not showing ex BFS at all for Summer 2021 so postponement not an option for us. I quite understand the several reasons why Jet2 might have cancelled the flights but the fact remains that Jet2Holidays have let us down without cause. Jet2 the airline is my favourite of the so-called Low Cost Airlines by a long way but Jet2Holidays have, as a consequence, had their chips. Caveat Emptor
I think it has something to do with the fact that it's a package holiday you have booked. A quick look on the Jet2holidays shows that there are no holidays for sale to Malta at all until October at the earliest. Chances are they will have no staff in resort. As part of the contract for a package with Jet2holidays you have the services of Jet2 staff in resort therefore if there are no staff then they cannot provide the package they have contracted to you. It's nothing to do with changing flights unfortunately. In fact according to the t&c you are entitled to £10 per person compensation on top of the full refund....