PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the GA training industry walking blindfold over a cliff?
Old 7th Jul 2020, 01:44
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
I wouldnt rely on General Summer to do the job here, plenty of extremely hot desert areas in China.
General Winter in Russia is a much more severe and longer term unit.
Data is king and Cyber warefare can do a lot of damage from afar anyway. Those advances on Moscow and retreats are now in the history..books.
The worry is the Emporer for Life, raving nationalism and territorial ambitions . Sound familiar ?

There are many very smart people in Oz in electronics,rocketry and hypersonics. We need our own industry cranking out those stand-off weapons for air and sea , because when the balloon goes up, supply links will be cut.
And even that guy with the funny haircut in North Korea has lCBMs that can reach here, how do we retaliate to that ?
At the moment I think we are ready now for WW2, then as now we are woefully underprepared.
2c
And to stay on topic. I can thank those very experienced Instructors of yesteryear, hoary old WW2 guys who imparted their skills and experience,,,, all gained in the school of very hard knocks.
Not so sure about some of the very young, no real world experience folk about these days. Its a worry.