PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2020, 11:56
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Treble one
Sorry, that's the scientist in me kicking in. When I hear the clip clop of hooves on the road, I think horses, not zebras.
Or maybe Coconut shells? I realise that this thread is about the trial and its outcome, but isn't it about time that dissatisfaction with the verdict by some gave way to a more general concern about the overall state of the managing of public display flying in the UK? Many here want to vent their spleen on AH and/or CI because they see them as presaging a crackdown on future display flying (if indeed there be any at all). I agree that a crackdown is likely and may well be called for by the Coroner. May I suggest that many here would have been aware of the organisational shortcomings that have emerged from this tragedy but pre-existed for years beforehand. It is those shortcomings that paved the way to Shoreham and to its tragic outcome. There was gross systemic failure here and like other gross systemic failures revealed within this forum nothing was done to cure it, thus leading to yet more needless death.