PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hey FAA,...you missed one! :-)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2020, 09:48
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
But there you go again. Why the extended discourse on something that a) is only tangentially relevant to the original issue, and b) is something that every helicopter pilot needs to demonstrate prior to getting their first license or certificate and therefore should go without saying? Why this compelling need to embellish something along a tangent? It's as if you want to obfuscate the fact that you had to, didn't want to, or couldn't answer the original question or issue. It's bizarre
because it is all about power awareness and pre-flight planning. Yes you demonstrate it for your check ride but many seem to subsequently ignore it, hence accidents attributed to VRS which are often SWP.

I am required by law to calculate my aircraft performance if I am flying commercially and by other regulations if I am flying military - No-one is watching GA pilots, some of whom just treat their aircraft like a truck, put in it what they like and then get airborne without considering the implications.

If my tedious lengthy discourse makes one GA pilot pause and consider how they are approaching flying in a cavalier manner - it will be worth your ire.