PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 6th Jul 2020, 08:53
MickG0105

Received 204 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by aviation_enthus
77 each way each day.... Do the maths on that and you’ll understand why Rex is upset. QF are taking a route that is most likely mildly profitable for Rex and adding extra capacity.
So more demand than two full 340s/Q200s each day, seven days a week and that route is only 'likely mildly profitable'? Rex only fly that route 5 days a week. If they're not hauling in cash off that route they need a new revenue management system.

... Result? Both airlines will wear a loss until the other gives up, then the people of Orange go back to a monopoly....
So this is always the bit of the Rex argument that's always interesting. Apparently monopoly routes are bad ... unless it's Rex that has the monopoly.

I had an explanation but deleted it because most of the comments on here are clearly biased and can’t listen to a reasonable argument (didn’t expect anything less from Pprune TBH).
I don't have a problem with Rex per se, but I do have a problem with poor and hypocritical arguments.

​​​​​​​​​​​​

Last edited by MickG0105; 6th Jul 2020 at 08:55. Reason: Format