PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of year Restructure
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2020, 05:34
fly1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by herewego75
What an absolutely ludicrous thread.
Why would the company allow 99 to go to 08? Why not everyone on cos18?

I guess the only thing that has been written here that might, MIGHT be correct is - I agree KA will be downsized ( HKE can do all the work they do ), and when CX is allowed to **** the slots/ route rights over they will.

Personal opinion.
now that the government is involved in the group, China will become the priority( not to mention the fact that they are the highest traveling nation in the world) ka is not going anywhere, They own 85 percent of the Chinese routes, with the Neo’s arriving they will fit the position perfectly for the lower capacity forecast, not necessarily in China, but many other group destinations. A new top dog introduced, followed by an advert for flight deck crew placed on the 18th June 2020 must make ka one of the only ‘hiring’ airlines in the world. Cx has been trying to merge ka since they bought the airline, if it’s not demerit points, it’s another excuse. If anything, hke is dead in the water, low cost airlines all over the world are folding everyday...holiday travel, which is what they exist for is not going to be back to ‘normal’ for a long time to come...a new cos across the board doesn’t make sense, after all it would unify the pilot body. Cost saving will come with the introduction of ‘minor’changes’ to current COS, policy’s that cost a lot of money will be changed, Early retirement offered for the top ranks, voluntary redundancy worst case scenario. At the end of the day, it all depends on which way this thing turns next, I don’t believe anyone in the driving seat knows exactly what is to come . One thing is for sure, the Hong Kong pilot pool has done a lot better than those in the Middle East, be grateful for that.

as you said, personal opinion.