PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 6th Jul 2020, 04:09
MickG0105

Received 204 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Arnold E
Mick, I suggested that the route to Orange was not profitable so why would Q put a Dash in there? when Joyce claims q is bleeding cash at the rate of $40m a week? Q has not operated into there before, so with reduced passenger numbers there is no way either of them can make a profit from that route at this moment in time so whats the game? is it so QANTAS can bleed even more noney (their claim not mine) so that they can get a hand out as well. I have no problem if they get a handout as long as its not used to get rid of competition. And before you say it, Q didn't go to Orange before .
In February Qantas announced that they were going to commence a Sydney-Orange service in May.

COVID-19 intervened. They're now starting in two weeks time using Q200s presumably in the expectation that demand will rebound to pre-coronavirus levels.

You're suggesting that the route won't be profitable for QF, their planners disagree, they clearly believed back in February that the service was feasible. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by MickG0105; 6th Jul 2020 at 04:14. Reason: Re-format