PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the GA training industry walking blindfold over a cliff?
Old 6th Jul 2020, 02:38
mindsneak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bodie1
Unless new batches of Chinese students are sent out shortly, the 'major' schools, that is, the schools employing truckloads of instructors will start to wind down. I would say that the students already in the pipeline are enough to keep the industry ticking over but I reckon we'll be seeing parents and careers advisors talking kids out of this industry for the time being.
I would be very disappointed if parents and career advisors started talking kids out of the industry just because of what is happening in the world right now.

I personally feel that part of the problem is the big emphasis that is placed on careers in the airlines. I completely understand why this is, however I feel that the benefits of working in general aviation especially in regional Australia is quite often overlooked. Lifestyle benefits that you would never get working for an airline in a major city. Now is actually a perfect time for parents and career advisors to be actually encouraging kids to instead consider life long careers in general aviation and for the government to take concrete action in making general aviation business operations more commercially viable. If they started to do this then the pipeline will continue to tick over regardless of what is happening with international borders.