PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR-(A): Privileges without an FI?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2020, 17:12
Whopity

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Agree with Rudestuff above. However; to teach ME IR you also need to be a CRI(ME)
Oh, and by the way:
Since I hold a valid ME-IR rating, I did not think either, I needed a valid SE-IR to fly SE instrument flying (only a valid class-rating for SEP(L), obviously). Apparently the CAA here interprets that so you need to have flown a SE-IR skilltest once upon a time to do that - even if that skilltest was 15 years ago. But obviously I can get thru that by accepting a new SE-IR skilltest and move on. Did that make any sense?
Some Authorities in Europe have adopted this stance leading to the recent amendment to Part FCL
(24) in point FCL.620, the following point (c) is added: ‘(c) Applicants who have completed a skill test for a multi-engine IR in a single-pilot multi-engine aeroplane for which a class rating is required shall also be issued with a single-engine IR for the single-engine aeroplane class or type ratings that they hold.’;]
Presumably your current IR is Multi Pilot so you would need to have SP privileges as well which requires a seperate Prof Check. If you revalidate the SP IR on a MEP Aircraft you now need a valid MEP Class rating, but it should give you privileges on SEP aeroplanes in accordance with FCL.620.