PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR-(A): Privileges without an FI?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2020, 15:50
Jakobsens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IR-(A): Privileges without an FI?

Hi Girls & Guys,

I am currently in the process of obtaining an IR-I. Due to the fact, I don't have the FI(A), I instead hold +800hrs IFR (and the other requirements), and now also have obtained the Teaching & Learning Course as well as gone through the entire IR-I training programme. The only thing missing is the Assessment of Competence.
And then I received the following phonecall from the Norwegian CAA saying something like:

"If you do NOT hold an FI-IR, and only IR-I, you can only teach students attending a modular programme and NOT integrated students". I can not find ANY information in any EASA-legislation nor local Norwegian rules, and I am obviously quite frustrated since I will most likely not get the job-offer I have been offered, if I can not obtain a "full" IR-I rating with all privileges applicable to being an Instrument-Instructor.

So my question goes; Have anybody heard of any reason for the above, and if not; what are my options of complaint or changing their mind, if they will not back off and instead keep standing their ground on an interpretation of a law, that I do not think exist?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
A very frustrated, laid-off ex. B737 FO really longing for some good news in 2020.....

Oh, and by the way:
Since I hold a valid ME-IR rating, I did not think either, I needed a valid SE-IR to fly SE instrument flying (only a valid class-rating for SEP(L), obviously). Apparently the CAA here interprets that so you need to have flown a SE-IR skilltest once upon a time to do that - even if that skilltest was 15 years ago. But obviously I can get thru that by accepting a new SE-IR skilltest and move on. Did that make any sense?