PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hey FAA,...you missed one! :-)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2020, 09:38
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, I just watched an american instructor carrying out an initial r22 lesson with a very able jet pilot (go watch it on YouTube if you want to know, IMHO, how not to do an r22 first lesson) and the subsequent couple lessons, its no surprise that some Americans don’t believe in Settling with Power, if thats the Standard of instructional technique. (Disclaimer, only my opinion)

If you actually go away and look at the issues/conditions for VRS and SWP, surely one is not necessarily required for the other. Remember from your instructor telling you that VRS will increase, the more pitch you pull?
So, Mr old school pilot Robbiee, please can you give us the benefit of your vast wisdom and knowledge and for one last time, shut down this whole argument and answer the following few questions clearly for us all because obviously there are many on PPRuNe who don’t know a thing about helicopters.

1. Would the Vouichard Technique work with Settling with Power? (Or does SWP not exist)
2. What is VRS exactly and under what conditions are you most likely to experience it?
3. What exactly is over pitching ?
4. What exactly is Settling with Power in your expert opinion?

I really look forward to your clear explanations, hopefully not just pulled from a text book. Keep it simple please as we are only Helicopter pilots.

This argument about VRS and SWP has been done to death on here but it still surprises me to see people discounting them as fake, or thinking they are the same thing.

As for #5673, was the mug given as an award??

Have a nice day.