PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2020, 21:07
ECR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by allan1987
BA has not announced this Belfast City to London City yet but only added on Sell, I sure we might hear something next with Stobart Air with LGW, BHX, MAN, EDI.
Not sure if this with franchise operator Aer Lingus or could be also new franchise with British Airways?
The wikipedia page for Stobart Air says "it operates scheduled services under the brands Aer Lingus Regional, BA CityFlyer and KLM Cityhopper on behalf of their respective owners". It would be crazy to start an operation under their own Stobart Air name in the present climate, so I think they would be likely to operate under an existing well known brand.

Personally I would love it to be BA Cityflyer as I think BA is probably the widest known worldwide of those and would open up good opportunities for using avios. (I know you can collect and spend avios on Aer Lingus but they are generally very poor value for European flights, as indeed were Flybe when they used avios).

I think there is a very outside chance they could do a deal with Virgin to use their brand and booking platform as per the original intention when part of the Connect takeover of Flybe, but realistically I very much expect to see them using the Aer Lingus Regional brand.