PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Metropolitan University
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2003, 03:24
figair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LMU

hi fox
to be honest i do not know if you actually know what you saying about London Met.
I personally think that 50 % of the instructors have got not idea of what they are doing.
Here the bad ones:
Gen Nav-Perf ---> he is good in nav but no idea on performance in fact OAT has build up a business out of LMU student failing performance. Enjoy coffee and fags.
Powerplant and sometimes POF----> full of nonsense, likes to show off and performe as if he has been the Chief pilot of BA. It is obvious he's not a University graduate engineer judging by his luck of manner and terminology which comes probably from the suburb of London.
Electrics - OPS and sometimes POF real good one but unfortunately the coloured one is making to much cash out of LMU student struggling with POF. Fees are 50.00 for a group brush up course and 30.00 for one hr one to one.
Radio nav-- Air law--Met---> the chap however teaching for quite a long time still has got no idea why he is doing that job. Knowledge of those subjects is a mistery to him but, for him the recurrent word is "all right?"
Comms - Flight planning---> ex london met student who had to retake most of the subjects twice. Think??????
HERE THE REAL GOOD:
INSTRUMENT - MASS AND BALANCE: HE IS A REAL ASSET, EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE, FLEXIBLE AND HELPFUL. ALWAYS CONCERNED ABOUT STUDENT QUERIES.

So finally i would kindly suggest you to have a look around. Indeed they are cheaper than others but you may end up spending more on notes and individual tuition.
Have a good look at Bristol university as far as i know they are currently the best on distance learning.
Good luck