PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2020, 09:15
ATNotts

Received 292 Likes on 163 Posts
Covid-19 declaration on arrival in UK

It looks as though passengers arriving from the countries and territories in the new list of "safe" countries from 10.7.20 will still have to complete the declaration of their place of residence in UK upon arrival.

As we're heading over to Germany tomorrow, I set about setting up the form through the government website, so it could be ready to send 48 hours before arrival on my phone, but Mrs ATN doesn't have a smart phone so the plan was to complete her form on the PC and print it off to hand in to Border Force on arrival back in UK. Hopefully we'll be able to complete both er and my forms on my phone, then we shouldn't have an issue.

Somewhat surprisingly, there is no option to download the form in pdf format, and complete by hand. I did check with the carrier and they said that so far as they are aware there isn't. This begs an interesting question. Many older people don't use smart phones, and won't be able to complete the required declaration before returning to the UK. How does this impact on, for example, and to stereotype, a bus load of pensioners returning from a week's trip, if say, a few of the passengers don't have the technology. Are they effectively barred from travelling?