PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 40% of Pakistani pilots hold fake flying licenses: Aviation Minister
Old 3rd Jul 2020, 18:55
John_Reid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fake Licences? Tip of the ice berg.

However it just goes to show all the academic stuff is not worth sh#t, when it comes down to operating an a/c. How come? Well 40% of the pilots in the nation in question have fake licences. With the exception of law (parrot fashion) and meteorology and maybe one ot two other subjects, why all the examinations. Can they fly the aircraft of not? They obviously could.

I knew a guy in the states years ago, what early '70's, had a PPL, he was flying long DC8'S. they only picked it up through some paper work check or rather. He has been flying the DC8 for years. A pilot of long standing, he was too.

When I was flying in India, the DGCA were the first ever aviation authority to require me to produce proof of licence, from the issuing authority. I have about 6 licence validations issued by other authorities, previous to that. I'll put money on the fact the fakes, in the above mentioned country, would be at least 40%

Funny old world ain't it?

Last edited by John_Reid; 3rd Jul 2020 at 19:20.