PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N72EX (Kobe Bryant) Crash Reconstruction with new ATC Audio
Old 3rd Jul 2020, 12:15
[email protected]

Received 641 Likes on 280 Posts
I recollect being given unusual attitudes to recover from during IF training,
very unlikely to have done that in cloud - the requirement for UP/UA training is normally clear of cloud with a visual horizon just so the instructor can let the UP/UA develop further and recover it safely. The situation I was describing has happened to myself and colleagues when the students were trying to fly an ILS but not coping with real IMC very well.

It is one thing to recover when someone else puts you in a UP for training since you know it is coming - quite another to put yourself into one accidentally or have someone else do it because their scan has broken down.

With reference to what was said the blog, I think it is worth emphasising that these coriolis effects are quite different from the leans, which is itself dangerous enough.
fair comment but both produce powerful illusions and disorientation in a DVE so should still be considered in the same breath when talking about IIMC.

It is impossible to describe the sensation or to train for it, but good, current IF experience must help, and IF in cloud.
yup, exactly what many of us have been saying all along