PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2020, 09:56
Legalapproach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time Lord

Sorry to pick you up but I do get irritated that so many people make authoritative statements about facts or more particularly the evidence in a case (not you necessarily) when they are not in possession of all the facts and they are wrong.

Can I remind everyone that the trial lasted for about two months. The jury heard from numerous expert witnesses (on both sides) as well as eye witnesses and had access to a number of videos and reconstructions (most of which did not feature on the TV news and so will have been unseen by the armchair experts). In all the jury heard something in the region of 150 hours of evidence. That's why I become somewhat cross when I read so many people saying "I know what happened" "The jury got it wrong" The Prosecution was criminally negligent"

Everyone is entitled to their own view and I respect an opposite view if based on all and accurate relevant facts.

Cat Techie

You say AH was in 'full control' throughout.

Can you just remind me what the evidence was of the aircraft over the top and in the 3rd quarter of the loop?

Was that the evidence of all of the experts and in particular of the pilot expert witnesses who were present at Shoreham and who witnessed the flight?

Can you remind me, please of the medical evidence regarding oxygen de-saturation and the effect it has on (i) learnt motor skills, (ii) awareness and decision making capabilities?

In JE's case it was believed that he blacked out, in AH's it was at a lower level and produced symptoms similar to hypoxia. CI does not necessarily = unconscious. It's impairment not loss of consciousness.

If you are Norfolk based, when the world returns to normal I would be more than happy to meet up and talk through the evidence with you - I'm sure we can find a suitable hostelry. It's a genuine offer but be advised you're buying and I haven't had a decent pint of Adnams or Wherry for some months. You may or may not change your mind.