PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2020, 06:05
Check Airman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
There are 3 green triangles showing on the panel above the gear lever, but those we do not really check actively, it's done via the ECAM LDG MEMO. For normal landing, the lower DU shows ECAM "WHEEL page" with another 3+3 green triangles, ... the page automatically comes on with ... you guessed right: selecting the L/G down. Malakia.
I'd considered the lack of presentation of this page ought to have been another hint. Maybe the lower ECAM was otherwise occupied for some reason? Admittedly, this would've been a subtle hint, lost in th ocean of bells and whistles going off.

Good point on the LDG MEMO not showing while above Vmax. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. They had the GPWS going off, airspeed above Vmax and no LDG MEMO on the ECAM. I hope the final report shows us what the screens looked like at 500ft.

Maybe they had no warnings. Maybe the combination of things warnings that had to be presented was way beyond what the engineers had envisioned, and the DMC's and FWC's just gave up and rebooted.