PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Software Engineer interested in aviation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 03:25
CreepyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captut
I am a 36yo Indian software engineer in the US and always been interested in becoming a commercial pilot. I am at the stage where I can afford to do it without going into any kind of debt. If I start my training and get my FAA CPL with ME, do you guys think I have a chance to get an interview with CX for their second officer position at all?

Thanks!
captut,
I will take you at your word that you who are who you say you are and not a troll.
Couple questions for you?
Are you Really interested in flying due to what you perceive as a lifestyle of traveling around on an
airplane? Or do you really have a desire to fly an airplane and a love of flying airplanes?
If you really have a joy of flying and want to fly an airplane this is the absolute last place you want to come
work!!
Do you have a right to live and work in the United States? And if you do stay flying there, go flight
Instruct or do part 135, whatever you need to get to the 1500 hours. And enjoy flying an airplane for a living.
If you don’t have the right to stay in the United States I do understand your plight and CX could be a way for you to go.
creepyjoe