PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100 years of Aviation,your best memory?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2003, 22:44
M.85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100 years of Aviation,your best memory?

Dear all Ppruners,

Having been a member of these fortums for a little while now and having felt a lot of anger and frustration due to our career in aviation ,I thought it would be a good idea if each of us write down one of their best aviation memories to chill up the troups...
After all,we are all from the same family..Aviation.

I will start with mine.

September 1997,first solo flight in a shiny red and white C152.
After a few touch and goes wth my dear flight instructor in Florida,we came back to the apron,thinking we were doen for the day i was about to shut down the engine...he had another idea in mind..nono boy you are off again but ill be here waiting for you..the day had come when one has to realise that dream of being alone and up there...
So here i went with all the checks done,I was ready and holding short of this runway 07 in Orlando..cleared for takeoff,i applied power and started to roll..once airborne ATC tells me to make a left to join the pattern..had a question and looked at my left..sh..no one was there..was i flying by myself???oh boy...had to extend the downwind(why did they do that to me i thought..)but here i was overflying Orlando city..i was focused,finally ATC asking how it was up there gave me the clearance after 3 touch and goes to a Final stop.
Taxiing back,still couldnt believe what i had done and couldnt wait to go back up there and be part of this aviation world...

Safe Flying,

M.85