PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 30th Jun 2020, 19:07
NoelEvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BitMoreRightRudder

I'll be blunt, your vocal campaign to extend the retirement age is aimed at benefiting you and your financial situation/retirement. It would, should it ever come to pass, have huge knock on effects for the generations of pilots who follow, but you don't seem to consider any of that, or feel it relevant to your personal situation.

And you come on here and call others selfish?

Please......
Just to correct you on that one. I don't see any campaign for the retirement age to be extended ever having any change to BA pilots' retirement ages. The French will block that any changes to international flights by pilots over the ICAO limit for international flights.

I am only interested in regional pilots on domestic services. Those pilots have nowhere near the salaries nor pensions that BA pilots have and have probably suffered far more disrupted careers. (And some of them are facing a 35% reduction in pension from this August.) To deny them the right to work up to their State Pension age, as the general public can and is pretty much expected to do, just because it doesn't fit your 'agenda' is selfish. For younger pilots, those under 59, this will be a two year 'State Pension drought' that they will have to suffer. Trying to deny them that, especially those facing that 35% pension reduction, is selfish. Generations of lower paid regional pilots would clearly benefit from being able to continue regional domestic operations up to their State Pension age.

And please quote where I called anyone "selfish"?

Of course this has nothing to do with the wealthier pilots in BA, but I didn't bring that up here, you did. Just to clarify.