PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2020, 18:55
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by olster
Whatever the excuses trotted out, covid etc, truly shocking levels of incompetence.
Yep, the excuses will become ever more convoluted with time.

We must pretend that this could happen to any of us, low blood sugar, some warnings were inhibited, we must not judge from a Western cultural perspective etc.

And, I realize that the report must come up with some convenient fiction to explain away this idiotic Banzai Kamikaze flight profile. They did not know, the controller didn't tell them that they shouldn't cross the threshold at 210 knots gear up, the cabin crew didn't tell the captain that the engines scraped.

I realize that very few folks here are professional pilots so I hope my criticism doesn't sound insensitive or harsh. The PIA crew were good people who made poor choices and were trying to turn their lives around when the engines quit.

I remember flying in the Third World decades ago with a Pan Am captain named Doug. He was a grizzled old Marine, gruff and to the point. When I would be amazed at how screwed up things were in the air and on the ground he would comment, 'What you have to remember Airbubba is that these people are not from Chicago!'