PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy Jet job cuts
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2020, 16:47
Fyldeflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just seen in the press with utter dismay at what easyjet are proposing and frankly I don’t know what easyjet management are doing, but it appears to be/have been very little. They have furloughed the majority of their staff (pilots, cabin crew, engineers and office staff) and then sat on their backsides and done what can only be described as absolutely nothing. How can it be that charter brokers are going to operators to put on services between Liverpool and Palma and also Liverpool and Faro, starting from mid July for the next 10 weeks based on the fact customers are saying there is not enough supply! These are prime routes for easyjet and they are not flying, what on earth are they doing! Not having a plan to get pilots off furlough, through the sim and back in the air was clearly not at the forefront of their minds. easyjet management decided to take the £600m from the government, furlough staff taking even more cash from the tax payer and then sit on their back sides and not even thought of a plan to get the airline back in the air again beggars belief. This is the craziest thing I have ever heard of. Not satisfied with taking all this tax payers money they are now going to burden us with even more debt by putting over 700 U.K. based pilots on plus cabin crew on benefits. Easyjet management right up to the CEO, you are a joke!