PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Software Engineer interested in aviation
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2020, 13:45
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captut
I am a 36yo Indian software engineer in the US and always been interested in becoming a commercial pilot. I am at the stage where I can afford to do it without going into any kind of debt. If I start my training and get my FAA CPL with ME, do you guys think I have a chance to get an interview with CX for their second officer position at all?

Thanks!
OMG! Seriously? Take that money and go buy your own plane so you can enjoy flying. Better yet, take that money, start your own company, and get rich enough to buy an even cooler plane. That way, you can laugh at all of us as we start our work day at midnight and you are parking it at the local FBO on your way to women and booze. This industry is a dead end. I wouldn’t send my kids into it if I was under threat of limb amputation. We are all just hanging on, hoping to gather enough crumbs to “retire” in the next decade or two. Flying big jets is truly a shell of its former self, and that’s at all airlines, not just CX.

PS - Being an SO at CX has far more to do with making coffee and bunks, than flying airplanes. No, I’m not kidding.