PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2020, 13:18
Uplinker

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by compressor stall
Have you been fasting too?

I do not believe for a second that the crew decided to land wheels up.
No, you misunderstand me. By not sorting out the late hot-and-high descent when they had plenty of time and airspace to do so, and after ATC suggested this several times, including a direct instruction to turn away from the approach - that was the negligence by the pilots.

Continuing a landing attempt while not configured, not on speed, barely on profile, no landing checklist completed and not stable - that was negligence too.

Of course they did not intend to crash, but I have tried to think why a supposedly fully qualified and experienced crew would get so badly out of shape, yet still continue to a frankly suicidal landing attempt. I don't believe they intended to land gear up either. That got missed because they were at least 20nm behind the aircraft.

It was on the CVR?
Was it? Have you actually heard the CVR? Could the Covid comment by (I forget which official) be an attempt to distract us from extremely poor piloting? - not that it would be any excuse.

Really?
I don't know do I? hence I said 'maybe'. It has happened before. I am just trying to imagine why this crash happened. Why did the pilots not break off the descent and sort themselves out and make a proper approach? I am just trying to think what could possibly have happened on that flight deck that resulted in such a tragic and fatal crash.