PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasoned discussion anyone?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2020, 08:31
Manwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by layman
ozbiggles

There is a theory which states that if anyone ever discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory mentioned, which states that this has already happened.
That's probably the most prescient explanation for the meaning of life I've ever heard layman. Thanks to Blueskymine for getting that ball rolling. I also acknowledge the sincere contributions of others, I knew there was bound to be intelligent life here.

I think we may just be coming to one of those pivotal points in history layman - all the signs are there. The opening line from A Tale Of Two Cities seems as fitting today as it was back then during the French Revolution - "They were the worst of times. They were the best of times." Which way they are for us depends on what we do with them. And, I guess you could say that's the meaning of life - whatever you decide to make of it. Of course, that doesn't explain enough to enable someone to shoot for the stars as the RAAF motto implies, but "life wasn't supposed to be easy". Ironically, all the clues have been given to us, we've just gotta put them all together so they make sense.

This topic is worthy of discussion for one simple reason - It's the foundation upon which everything else relies.