PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 30th Jun 2020, 02:12
Turbine27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taxpayer funded pi$$ing competition

I normally stay on the sidelines and watch with my bucket of popcorn, but this time I have to speak up.

So here we are with the media talking up the worst economic situation since the Great Depression. Yet, the government have just financed Rex to compete in a pi$$ing competition with Qantas and Virgin with taxpayer dollars.

Some families are battling out there you know. A whole lot of people are not on Jobkeeper.

Does anyone remember the Qantas response after 9/11 to Virgin Blue and Impulse? I do. They bought a whole lot of ex BA 767s and flew a whole bunch of the them on top of there existing fleet for years and stitched up two thirds or more of the SY-MEL-BN market in no time.

What will be QFs response this time on the SY-ML-BN routes, 787s, 747s, A380s, A330s? that's some fleet they can draw on-nothing going on with those aircraft types internationally right now. I haven't even talked about the Jetstar reponse.

So knock yourself out Rex. It's a free country. My taxpayer dollars already fund most of your routes, why not have a stab at SY-MEL-BN, it's on me. Enjoy ya little jet foray and after a few months when we have no jobkeeper or jobseeker you can ponder why no one is boarding your Saabs or jets, because perhaps there will be no money left in the piggy bank.