PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2020, 18:50
patrickal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ferry pilot
Every so often someone posts a gentle hint that maybe these two pilots ignored all the warnings and apparently all common sense because they thought they could get away with it. Perhaps because they had done this before, and perhaps more than once. So far, there is no evidence that the bizarre series of events leading up to this crash was caused by anything other than the deliberate actions of the pilots, contrary to normal operating procedure and in spite of functioning controls and alarms. There is no end of evidence that this has happened to some degree before, but nothing quite like this. There must be some other explanation.
I'll start off with not a pilot, but a career IT person with much background in machine/user interaction. The same thought came to me also after hearing so many truly knowledgeable pilots say the same thing. I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread....too many to do so. But has anyone raised the thought of something akin to hypoxia or carbon monoxide poisoning? These were not two rookies, and yet their behavior is beyond anything any pilot could imagine taking place in a commercial airliner. Could some fault in the pressurization or environmental systems cause them to be disoriented or partially incapacitated? It just does not seem possible that they could have made so many bad decisions along the way without realizing they were getting deeper and deeper into trouble and taking some corrective action. The fact that, as ferry pilot stated, they made so many deliberate actions that were all wrong begs for a better explanation other than they thought they could get away with it.