PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will be in the air on December 17th?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2003, 21:07
Floppy Link

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FNG
get on up to Perth/EGPT/Scone on the 13th Dec and you can enter the Scottish Aero Club Wright Brothers 100th Anniversary 120ft Precision Hop competition (acronym SACWB100A120FPHC)

email going to members...

Weather permitting, the Wright Brothers 100th Anniversary Precision Hop Competition is due to take place on Saturday 13th December (the day after the curry night). This light-hearted test of your superlative precision flying skills will measure who can fly closest to the 120ft distance of Wilbur and Orville's first powered flight, by hopping over two lines on the runway.
You should aim to get airborne just before the first line and touch down again as soon as possible just after the second line. What you do after that is your decision, Captain...stop or touch and go into the circuit. Helicopters are not permitted! Any wheel (or in extremis, any other portion of your airframe!) touching down between the lines will invalidate your attempt.
This winner of this prestigious event will be showered with adulation, sincere praise and the undying respect of the Scottish Aero Club. In other words we haven't worked out a prize yet. Watch this space, and pencil in the 13th in your diary for some precision flying in ground effect...
I think we might have a prize by now, the Henderson Cup, to be awarded at the annual dinner in March. So that is a potential 2 trips to Perth for you!

As for the 17th, I'd love to, but I'll be stuck on a beach in the Maldives, the perils of longhaul...

Russell