PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Partenavia fatal crash Wagga 1998. 17 defects present
Old 29th Jun 2020, 10:23
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by neville_nobody
There's the problem right there. Nothing will ever change until that changes. Bit like the whole problem they're having in the Law at the moment. Noone wants to speak up because they might as well quit the industry before they even start. This Pilot had 1000 TT/ 279 ME PIC so the twin time would have been like gold in the logbook.
too right. I worked with Sam at the flying school where he was before this. I remember being extremely envious that he’d got the IFR twin charter gig. That school was a mess for various reasons (overseas cadets being promised a career based on the size of the parents’ wallets, not children’s skills). Any road out of that rut was paved with gold. This was the late 90s after all. “Whaddaya mean you’ve only got 2800 hours, this is a turbocharged twin!”

You were lucky to have any job. The balance between silence vs speaking up and never making it aviation was a fine line.

It may not have caused the crash (but may have been a factor through distraction or fatigue) but I can totally sympathise with his reluctant acceptance of those faults at the time.